Code Of Conduct
- VOLUNTEERS CODE OF CONDUCT
- As a volunteer of The Blair Project we expect you to abide by the fundamental values that underpin all activities of this organisation. These are as follows.
- Our values
Everything The Blair Project does will be able to stand the test of scrutiny by the public, the media, the Commission, members, stakeholders, funders, parliament and the courts.
- Integrity and honesty
These will be the hallmarks of all conduct when dealing with colleagues within The Blair Project and equally when dealing with individuals and institutions outside it.
The Blair Project strives to maintain an atmosphere of openness throughout the organisation to promote confidence of the public, stakeholders, staff, and parliament.
- Additionally, we would expect to you agree to the following points.
- Law, mission, policies
- I will act within the governing document of The Blair Project and abide by the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- I will not break the law or go against regulations in any aspect of my role of volunteer.
- Conflicts of interest
- I will always strive to act in the best interests of the organisation as a whole and not as a representative of any group, considering what is best for The Blair Project
- I will declare any conflict of interest, or any circumstance that might be viewed by others as a conflict of interest, as soon as it arises.
- Person to person
- I will not break the law, go against regulations or act in disregard of organisational policies in my relationships with staff, volunteers, members, service recipients, contractors or anyone I come into contact with in my role as volunteer.
- I will strive to establish respectful, collegial and courteous relationships.
- Protecting the organisation’s reputation
- I will not make public comments about the organisation unless authorised to do so.
- Any public comments I make about The Blair Project will be considered and in line with organisational policy, whether I make them as an individual or as a volunteer.
- When I am speaking as a volunteer of this organisation, my comments will reflect current organisational policy even when these do not agree with my personal views.
- When speaking as a private citizen I will strive to uphold the reputation of the organisation and those who work in it.
- I will respect organisational, board and individual confidentiality.
- Personal gain
- I will not personally gain materially or financially from my role as volunteer, nor will I permit others to do so as a result of my actions or negligence.
- I will use organisational resources responsibly.
- I will strive to embody good working practice in all my actions and live up to the trust placed in me by The Blair Project.
- I will to try to assist The Blair Project in its commitment to run well by raising issues, concerns and questions in an appropriate and sensitive way to ensure change can be facilitated.
- I will abide by board governance procedures and practices.
- I will maintain confidentiality about what goes on in meetings unless authorised to speak of it.
- Enhancing relationship
- I will endeavour to participate in induction, training and development activities as required.
- I will endeavour to continually seek ways to improve good working practice.
- Should procedures be put in motion that may result in my being asked to desist from volunteering, I will be given the opportunity to be heard.