Become a Sponsor
What is ProtoEV?
This summer we’re piloting the first schools and college competition to recycle used petrol go karts and rebuild them into high powered electric racing karts which they get to test at Three Sisters Racing Circuit in Wigan to see whose is the fastest.
Six teams from Bolton, Wigan and Lancashire are taking part in The ProtoEV Challenge which uses the power and exhilaration of motorsport to inspire young people to pursue careers in engineering and technology. As well as learning about battery technologies, vehicle construction, data analytics, electronic controls and braking systems, teams must also engage their local community, businesses, STEM ambassadors and sponsors. In addition, teams will also learn how to design and digitally manufacture parts for their electric karts using 3D printing.
The prototype vehicles will take to the track at Three Sisters Racing Circuit in Wigan on the 12 June and 17 July and will be tested for performance, design, energy storage and how well the teams work together to problem solve.
This project-based learning activity is open to students aged 13 -18 years old of all abilities. Each school team will be mentored by an engineering company, and also get to work with further and higher education engineering students to create a progression pathway into well paid careers.
ProtoEV will be scaled up as a Greater Manchester wide championship in 2019 involving up to 20 x schools, with plans to roll it out into London, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Cardiff, the following year. The winners get to compete in kart STEM championships at Daytona, Florida and Indianapolis, Indiana.
Sponsor Benefits – Pilot Phase
- Prestige of being a founder sponsor of an innovative electric go kart STEM programme during the Year of Engineering, and scale up across the UK.
- Be in pole position to become title sponsor for national scaled up championship in 2019.
- Opportunity to adopt a race team, release staff to mentor them to success on track and build days
- Enhance brand awareness and corporate image both in the UK and USA through a joint promotion with Social Chain brand agency who are able to reach audiences that other agencies fail to reach.
- Logo placements on karts, race team shirts and race track banners.
- Public relations opportunities and event at Sponsor’s place of business with vehicle on display
- Exposure on partner and teams’ websites and other social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Local and national media exposure including print, tv & radio and vlogging including the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce magazine and other trade press.
Funding and activation packages to suit all budgets.
- Title Sponsorship
- Exposure in Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Magazine and local, national TV & social media channels
- Brand enhancement in UK and US, especially among young people through delivery of impactful social media marketing campaign by Social Chain with whom we have a relationship.
- Opportunity to demonstrate CSR credentials.
For more information please contact email@example.com