OUR MISSION AT THE BLAIR PROJECT IS TO MAKE MOTORSPORT DIVERSE, INCLUSIVE, AFFORDABLE, ACCESSIBLE AND SUSTAINABLE.#DiversityInMotorsport
WHO ARE THE BLAIR PROJECT
The Blair Project is a trailblazing social enterprise based in Manchester which taps into the climate change activism of urban youth, by providing opportunities for them to participate in the green tech revolution through building, racing and accelerating innovations in electric go karts. We are the only organisation in the UK doing this.
WHY THE BLAIR PROJECT
- Youth led social enterprise. Marketing and communications is about values. Tech savvy, Millennials and Generation Z consumers want brands to take a stand on social and environmental issues, like diversity and inclusion.
- The Blair Project offers a story about two Black British teenage brothers Nile and Blair Henry, who set out to challenge the elitism of motorsport and make it more accessible, inclusive and sustainable.
- Aspirational, crusading, game-changers.
The Blair Project’s intergenerational activities has helped marginalised young people to discover hidden talents, boosted their self confidence and raised career aspirations through Motorsport STEM activities which grow their skills, knowledge and soft skills.
- 560 youth served since 2014
- Aiming to serve 800 youth across 3 cities in 2021. (Manchester, Oxford, London)
- 95% of our ProtoEV talent pipeline who complete our program go on to jobs, apprenticeships or further education.
- Through Motorsport STEM, we accelerate youth development, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration skills.